Monday, August 20, 2007

Last Post From Canadaland

So, this is it. I have just two days left before I leave for the great land of the Mongols. I quit my job last Friday, and took the past week to get some serious packing done, well... I took 3 days for that, and spent the past 5 helping out Kyle and Mel with their wedding.
The wedding was wonderful. Congratulations to the two of you, I'm so happy to see that you both swallowed your pride and decided each other was good enough. The ceremony and the reception were absolutely appropriate for the two of them -- chaotic and lovely.

Nonetheless, I just want to take this opportunity to say goodbye to anyone I didn't get the chance to say it to in person. I've had many incredible and memorable experiences here in Canada, but it's time to experience the rest of the world. I want to be able to be here a year or two or four from now, and to be able to fully appreciate this lifestyle in way that I can't until I've experienced something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE'RE HOPING THAT YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME - HOW SOON DO YOU START TEACHING? - SEND PIX - LOVE AND HUGS AUNT MAUREEN AND UNCLE CAM

Colin Attwood said...

Classes start the day after what we call Labour Day there too. I'll post a few pics on here, but I'm looking into ways of posting full albums online somehow. I'll keep you posted.