Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Visas

So... the visa process is well underway, but has to be the most complex process possible.

First, I had to do the whole "passport" deal, which wasn't so bad. I just had to stop in London and wait at the passport office for an hour on my way back to North Bay for graduation. Thankfully, I was able to persuade my dad to leave bright and early so the line wouldn't be any longer. The passport finally arrived in Sarnia today, but forced me and my mom to suffer through yet another setback as they didn't want to release it to her.

I also had to send scans of the obvious documentation:
- both university degrees
- criminal record check
- passport pages
- HIV test results (that's right)

I am now left with only a handful of things left to do to secure my visas (yes, I need 2 of them). I have to send my HIV results, which I have yet to receive, then courier my application and passport to the Mongolian embassy in Ottawa. I also need to make a visit to my neighbourhood Chinese consulate to obtain a multiple entry visa. Now you think that sounds like plenty, right? Not so much. The Mongolian visa is a single-entry visa, which the American School of Ulaanbaatar will change to a multiple-entry visa for me.

This will only leave the issue of packing my life up, getting vaccinated, finally flying away.

No comments: