Monday, June 18, 2007

Tickets Booked

As plans are starting to be finalized for my depature to Ulaanbaatar (UB) I have been notified of the travel arrangements. Originally, I was supposed to arrive in UB by August 15, but because of delays caused by my passport, my departure has been pushed back to August 22.

I am scheduled to depart from Toronto's Pearson International airport at 6:25 AM on Wednesday, August 22. For there I will fly to Chicago, arriving at 7:07 AM central time. I then have the pleasure of waiting until 12:40 PM at the lovely O'Hara Airport, before taking off to Beijing, China. I will arrive in Beijing at 3:00 PM the next afternoon (local time), causing me to lose almost an entire day as I cross the International Date Line. I then get to wait around Beijing's airport until my flight leaves at 9:10 PM that night. I hope it is still light enough outside to get a picture of the Great Wall of China as I fly over it. Finally, my journey concludes at 11:25 pm on Thursday, August 23 at Chenggis Khaan International Airport in Ulaanbaatar.

The closer this gets, the more excited I become. Only a few more things left to do before I finally fulfill my dream of living in a Country that isn't Canada.

No comments: