Saturday, March 29, 2008

Visitors and Shameless Plugs

There is nothing better than having visitors. This goes double when you live in a foreign country. Back in January, Sean and Erin - whom you should recognize from my Siamese Adventure blog (shameless plug #1) went on a journey that would take them through Ulaanbaatar. While their adventures deserve a good read - and you can find link on my Siamese Adventure blog (shameless plug #2), they didn't quite seem prepared for Ulaanbaatar. Since I can't provide nearly as good of an account of our time together here as Mr. Sean Mullin can you should read about it on their blog - the link to which can be found on my Siamese Adventure blog (shameless plug #3). What I am willing to say is that having visitors have a great way of getting you to go see those thing you just haven't checked out yet. So, at their prompting, we toured the Winter Palace - which is only a 30 min walk from my place. A small note - there is no heating in this landmark, I had only been back in Mongolia for a week after 35 degrees in Cambodia and Thailand for the previous 3 weeks - which you can read about on my Siamese Adventure blog (shameless plug #4) and the temperatures in Mongolia were a balmy -45. What I'm getting at here is that more of you should come and visit me here to encourage me to keep going out to see the sights. There. Now it's your fault if I don't do it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's okay Colin, we've known that you have no shame for a long time now.

Anonymous said...

COLIN - WHY COULDN'T YOU BE IN ASIA SAME TIME AS SHAUNA WAS IN TAIWAN - THEN WE COULD DO 2 VISITS TO 2 COUNTIES MOST PEOPLE HAVEN'T BEEN TO - AUNT MAUREEN