Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Opportunity is Knocking

A great opportunity presented itself today. A couple of guys came to the school looking for a white male to star in a T.V. commercial. Obviously, I jumped at the opportunity.

I was picked up around 10, and taken to a makeshift studio. I sat around for about a 1/2 hr before they asked me to change. My costume was liederhosen and a white shirt (the socks were my own). The commercial was for Zoos Bank Mastercard.

It took about 15 takes altogether, and I played 2 different roles. I cheers myself. The first character is a sober man who is excited to see the other guy and emphatically clinks his beer stein. The second character is a drunk who has some difficulty with the whole process, and manages to clink his own beer stein back. It's almost like long lost twins finding each other at the bar. I performed in front of a green screen, so I don't know what the background is.

They paid me $10 and gave me vodka. Well worth the experience. They also promised to bring me a copy of the commercial when it's finished, so it will be posted when it arrives.

Who knew that I would become a tv commercial star when I came to Mongolia?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please do share. It will be good blackmail material in a few years. :) Merry Christmas, and have fun on your trip.

Anonymous said...

heehee i can't wait to see this...you in leiderhosen is worth more than 10$ hahahahaha
Cheers and Merry Christmas big bro
Wench

Anonymous said...

hehehe, were they your old man socks?