Monday, November 5, 2007

Some of My Favourite Gobi Pictures

Here are a few of my favourite pictures from my excursion to the Gobi, including my feeble attempts to be artistic. For unexplainable reasons, I have presented them in reverse chronological order.

Coming back down the mountain.



Kinda looks like an old man with a snarl.

Is that an eye in the rock?

Possibly the best picture I have ever taken.

The side of Sacred Mountain.

Gazelles, making the dash across the steppe.


Gazelles.
The hidden monastery.

Granite formations.
Maureen in the granite.

Water rushing beneath the ice in Yolin Am.

Scenic Yolin Am.

The stream rolling through Yolin Am.

Rocky outcropping in the mountains.

Pump house in front of the mountains.

Camel tracks in the sand.

Andrew's camel taking a drink.

Horses in the early morning near the sand dunes of Kongoryn Els.

The far side of the sand dunes.

Our trail.

The salt left behind after the water is gone.

So lonely, so beautiful.

Camping under the Flaming Cliffs.
A portion of the Flaming Cliffs.

Ripples in the sand.

I assume the pillars add protection?

Monastery at Erdenedalay

Solo tree at the base of the mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there,

U've really interesting posts, I read all of them. Keep going

BB